Are you seeking medicinal cannabis as a potential form of treatment while avoiding its psychoactive properties at the same time? Then you have come to the right place for information.
Although a lot of people enjoy the psychoactive effects of marijuana, as medical marijuana gains popularity as a form of treatment, a number of people wish to explore high CBD strains. For a number of patients who consume medical marijuana, high CBD content has become an important prerequisite for choosing their medicine. This is because CBD rich strains have a lot of benefits. However, due to a wide variety of strains available, patients often get confused as to what they should choose. In this article, we will help you understand the benefits of CBD and list some of the best strains.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is one of the most well-known compounds in cannabis; along with THC. The ‘high’ that one experiences while consuming cannabis is due to THC. CBD, on the other hand, does not have such psychoactive properties. CBD is available in a wide variety of formats, and can be extracted from both marijuana and hemp.
THC activates the CB1 receptors of the endocannabinoid system. This is why it causes euphoria, and leads the people to feel ‘high’. On the other hand, CBD, is a CB1 antagonist. This means that it blocks the intoxicating effects caused by the CB2 receptors. Due to this, and a number of medicinal properties of CBD, most medical marijuana patients prefer consuming products with either higher levels of CBD or without THC altogether.
Health benefits of CBD
CBD has various health benefits:
- Helps alleviate chronic pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Used as a treatment for pediatric seizures
- Helps treat social anxiety disorder
- Alleviates the symptoms in PTSD patients
- Helps with other anxiety disorders such as panic disorder, OCD, general anxiety disorder, etc.
5 most popular high CBD strains
- ACDC: ACDC is a strain which is 50/50 hybrid and has one of the highest CBD:THC ratios. It is the best strain to use during daytime since it helps in reducing anxiety. It also helps in reducing inflammation, migraines, neuropathy, nausea, arthritis.
- Ringo’s Gift: It is a sativa dominant strain (60%) and its CBD:THC ratio is as high as 20:1. It has a soothing effect on patients and is mostly popular with people suffering from chronic pain, anxiety, arthritis, stress, PTSD, etc.
- Charlotte’s Web: This is one of the most famous marijuana strains in the world. It is indica dominant (60%) and its CBD content is as high as 20%. It helps with seizure disorders such as Dravet’s Syndrome, and other conditions such as migraines, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, fatigue, etc.
- Harle-Tsu: This strain is best known for its effectiveness as a painkiller. It is indica dominant (60%) and contains upto 22% CBD and less than 1% THC. It also works well with conditions such as PTSD, PMS, migraines, inflammation, insomnia, and depression.
- Harlequin: This is a famous sativa dominant (75%) strain. It has at least 10% CBD, however, its THC content is also a bit high (7-15%) It helps keep people energetic and helps combat depression, inflammation, PTSD, migraines, and stress.
Word From HempStreet
As we can see above, there are a number of CBD dominant strains available in the market which help with various medical conditions. Therefore, these strains are worth trying for those who want the medicinal benefits of cannabis without experiencing the high. If you think that CBD could help you with your condition, it is advised that you consult your medical practitioner in order to get a suitable prescription.