As the popularity of medicinal cannabis grows, a number of people are substituting their medication with cannabis products. CBD or cannabidiol, a compound found in cannabis, is gaining popularity in today’s medical field due to its multiple benefits. Not only does CBD help treat certain ailments, it helps better the lifestyle of individuals as well. Do you wish to buy CBD oil? Are you unsure about where and how you should buy it? Well, then you’ve come to the right place for information. Here are some tips to buy the best CBD oil.
About CBD and CBD oil
CBD is one of the major compounds present in marijuana. This compound is well known for its therapeutic benefits. CBD helps lower anxiety, alleviates pain, overcome nervousness, reduces inflammation, etc. Unlike THC or tetrahydracannabinol, another dominant compound found in cannabis, CBD does not possess any psychoactive properties and thus, does not make consumers high. Due to its multiple benefits, CBD oil is available in the market and is in high demand. CBD oil helps ease symptoms related to conditions such as epilepsy, anxiety, cancer, PTSD, etc.
Why you should be careful while purchasing CBD oil
Today, there are countless brands and product lines selling CBD products such as CBD oil. This makes it confusing for the buyers as to which products are worth buying. Sadly, all the products available in the market are not equally good, and it isn’t easy to be able to tell the good products from the bad ones.
A number of CBD oils and products available online are low-quality, and some are even fake. Some of these products contain THC, and some have toxic chemicals which can cause severe poisoning. Therefore, it is important to follow certain guidelines in order to select the best CBD oil before buying.
Tips for buying CBD oil
Here are some tips to help you buy the best CBD oil.
- Note the ingredients: One should always read the ingredients of the product and compare them with those of the other products available. For instance, some good quality CBD oils would include additional ingredients such as melatonin or MCT oils that provide more benefits to individuals. On the other hand, low quality oils would have harmful ingredients like vegetable glycerin and propylene. Therefore you should be on the lookout for the aforementioned components that could prove whether a product is good or bad.
- Check the THC content: Prior to buying the product, you should check the laws regarding CBD or CBD oil that apply in your state. Most of the states impose restrictions on the amount of THC that should be present in CBD oils. In a good quality effective oil, the THC concentration should be 0.3% or lower than that. Not only does a higher THC content limit the benefits of the oil, it can potentially be categorized as recreational marijuana.
- Google the brand and check reviews: It is necessary for you to google the brand name before buying the oil. Check whether the website seems legitimate enough. You should also check the reviews from other customers in order to analyze whether the product is good or not. Sometimes, there can be fake reviews as well; therefore, only trusted bloggers’ reviews should be considered. This step would help narrow down your choices along with the other tips.
- Check lab reports: It is essential to check whether a laboratory has tested the CBD oil. If the product has successful lab results, the information regarding that should be available on the brand’s website. An absence of lab reports could suggest that the product is suspicious. In the reports, it should be noted whether the laboratory is a known one or not, and whether the products are accredited with following the International Organizations for Standardization (ISO). It should also be checked if the reports were published less than 3 years ago, since they would be considered expired after that.
- Choose within your budget: Once you have checked for all of the above conditions and narrowed down your list of oils, you can choose the one that is within your budget. Sometimes, certain products are priced high because of their trendy packaging or outer looks, therefore you can cut the cost by choosing another oil with the same ingredients and a less attractive packaging.
Word from Hempsteet
Discussed above, are some important tips for buying the best CBD oil. If you think CBD oil could benefit you, it is recommended that you contact your medical health professional and get a prescription for the same. We advise against self-medication using cannabis.