With many countries revamping their laws to allow cannabis-based medication’s use for medical research and treating different diseases, doctors and patients alike wondered if it would help treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Research today acknowledges the herb’s strong potential to alleviate IBS and its symptoms and supports its medical usage. Find out how you can leverage cannabis medicine in India to aid your IBS treatment and what studies have to say about it.
What Exactly Is IBS?
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a disorder that influences the large intestine. It is characterized by changes in bowel habits and chronic abdominal pain. It can be caused due to:
- Extra sensitive Digestive/Gastrointestinal (GI) tract
- Weak intestinal contractions
- Excess bacteria in the intestines
- Early life stress, etc.
It is a chronic condition and has different symptoms ranging from mild to severe, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Gas and bloating
- Weight loss, etc.
Sometimes, you might get confused between IBS and IBD. To clarify, IBS is a functional disorder of the GI tract. While IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) is a collective term for bowel diseases causing inflammation in the GI tract.
Why Do People Choose Vijaya For Treating IBS?
Many patients today increasingly choose Vijaya to help with IBS. So, why has this herb become so popular?
Firstly, severe abdominal pain is the main concern in IBS patients. Because of its strong pain-relieving properties, Vijaya is one of the best pain reliever medicines today. It quickly and effectively acts upon the brain regions responsible for regulating pain and significantly reduces them, thus easing IBS and its symptoms.
Secondly, there are numerous treatment methods and traditional medications used to treat IBS and its symptoms, including:
- Pain killers
- Supplements, and
But they make matters worse because of their various side-effects, such as:
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Nausea, etc.
Vijaya does not show any such adverse side-effects shown by other medicines and is a safe mode of treatment for IBS. This is what makes it stand apart from conventional prescription drugs.
Moreover, it helps in treating prescription drug side effects and reduces dependency on them. This is also why Vijaya has a long history of being used to treat various chronic gastrointestinal conditions, including IBD and IBS, and to improve the overall digestive health.
How Is Vijaya So Effective?
The leading cause behind the effective working of Vijaya is the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system is omnipresent in the body, with a high concentration of its receptors in the digestive system. Thus, it actively regulates gut homeostasis (state of balance).
Both the main cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 play a vital role in the transmission and regulation of abdominal pain and inflammation. When IBS patients consume Vijaya, its cannabinoids target and activate those receptors. This activation decreases the production of immune cells, which cause intestinal pain and inflammation, and further helps control:
- Intestinal contractions
- Gut-brain communication, and
- Visceral sensations like pain, bloating, and nausea
Hence, Vijaya plays a vital role in the activation and modulation of the ECS, and in turn, helps treat IBS and its symptoms. This is why medical experts and researchers have been conducting numerous clinical trials and studies on it. Here are some clinical studies that back its effectiveness.
What Do Studies Say About It?
- The University of Turin conducted a study that showed the potential of Vijaya in treating pain and inflammation, which are the major symptoms of IBS. As cannabis interacts with the ECS, it significantly reduces pain by binding to its receptors and regulating the pain pathways.
- It furthermore reduces inflammation in the body by inhibiting the production and release of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines in the body.
- Many IBS patients report cases of severe constipation. In a study published in The American Journal of Gastroenterology, the patients reported a significant decrease in the prevalence of constipation and improvements in the symptoms.
- Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA, examined the effects of cannabis medication on IBS. It was found that cannabis effectively regulated gastrointestinal and colon transit and reduced gastric emptying in IBS patients.
- In addition to that, Mayo Clinic’s College of Medicine also found in a study that Vijaya reduced fasting colonic motility and hence, aids in treating diarrhea in patients suffering from IBS.
How to Use It?
To know how to leverage the properties of Vijaya to treat your IBS and its symptoms, you must reach out to professionals who can give you the best medical consultation for your treatment. Also, look for a brand that provides you with a safe and environment-friendly Ayurvedic cannabis solution to treat your IBS.
Hempstreet Medicare facilitates both of them. With its vast network of medical researchers and Ayurveda doctors, it is undertaking further research and development of Vijaya and looking for new ways to implement it in modern medicine.
Furthermore, with its advanced Blockchain tracking mechanism, it ensures responsible cannabis dispensing among doctors and patients.
To know more and get the right dosage and treatment regime for your IBS, contact us.